top of page

Mark J. Keller Can Help You and Your Family Through the Toughest of Times

You may have a loved one who is no longer mentally or physically competent or is unable to manage their medical or financial affairs.  If this is true, your loved one needs a Guardian to protect them, secure their assets, pay their bills, file their legal documents, or make the critical decisions most of us take for granted.​

Elderly Guardianship

Estate Planning

Elderly Guardianship is a legal relationship where a guardian is appointed by the court to care for an aging adult who is no longer able to care for, or make decisions for themselves.

Adult Guardianship

Elder Law

Governed by Article 17a of the Surrogate's Court Procedure Act or Article 81 of the Mental Hygiene Law, Adult Guardianship is the legal process where a court may appoint a guardian to support an adult 18 years or older who is unable to manage their affairs due to a severe mental or physical condition.

Child Guardianship

Estate Administration

Guardianship is a legal arrangement where a court gives a person or organization the legal right to make decisions for a child if their parents are no longer able to do so due to abandonment, incapacity, or death.

Call the Law Office of Mark J. Keller

Mark J. Keller can provide all the necessary legal services to help you through filing for Guardianship.


Becoming a guardian of an elderly adult, an adult with a debilitating condition, or a child is a tremendous undertaking. Courts in New York State are very concerned about the care and well-being of children and individuals who cannot care for themselves. Decisions will be based on what is in that person's best interest.

Contact Mark J. Keller today to discuss your situation.  Mark is happy to answer your questions and guide you toward the right next steps. The Law Office of Mark J. Keller can be reached at 718-297-1890, through the contact form on our contact page, or by email at

bottom of page